Monday, September 10, 2018

Follow Your Path...

This is my 10th year as an elementary school Teacher Librarian! I can't even believe it's been TEN years! At the end of the last year I decided to take a leap and make a change, switching to a different school in my district.

This was a huge decision for me.  I had been at my previous school for eight of the nine years I had been a TL and I definitely called Kirkwood my home away. The staff played an integral part in shaping the educator that I am today (cheesy, I know but 100% true). Long story, short it was going to be hard to leave.

Well, an opportunity presented itself that just seemed like it was meant to be.  After getting the job at my new school, Garner Elementary I just knew I was making the right decision.  It felt as if this job had been waiting for me.  I knew it was going to be a new challenge, but one that I was ready for, and one that I needed. 

Now the school year has started and things are a bit crazy and hectic and all new, but I feel refreshed and renewed with my practice, I feel like I am headed into one of the best years yet and I can't wait to see what this year brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment