Friday, September 7, 2018

My Philosophy

Hello Everyone and Welcome to my blog! I was inspired to share my library story from a few other amazing librarians so here we go!

Below you will find my philosophy which I also shared with my teaching staff. I am not new to the library but I am new to my current school and I wanted my new coworkers to know what I stand for and what they can expect when they walk into the library.
My Philosophy
I believe all libraries should be the hub of every school. The Garner Library is a place where all students are always welcome and will feel welcomed when they are here. The library is a place that can be noisy and busy and full of life throughout the day. I believe loud libraries are the best libraries. I also believe in a student's right to read and choose what they read. The Garner library collection will be curated to meets the needs and wants of both teachers and students and requests are always welcome.

With that being said I am glad you are here and I hope you will join me in making some noise for libraries!

No comments:

Post a Comment